YOU DID IT! That’s right, we said YOU. YOU raised $10,000 for people in need, and you did it by ordering Cassia’s Lemongrass Chicken Sandwich with Chickpea Curry Sauce!
We were absolutely blown away by the response to our sandwich collaboration with Chef Bryant Ng of Cassia. We knew the sandwich was good, and we were inspired by the work of The People Concern to help the homeless, food insecure, and victims of domestic violence. But without the support of all our guests who ordered the sandwich and spread the word, we would not have been able to make this incredibly meaningful contribution to an amazing cause. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us to reinforce our mission of delivering chef-driven, approachably adventurous food with a purpose.
A few fun facts about the collaboration:
- We sold nearly 4,000 of the Cassia collaboration sandwiches, averaging over 280 sandwiches a day!
- Chef Bryant’s masterpiece cracked Mendo’s top 10 list of all sandwiches!
- In Santa Monica, home of Cassia enthusiasts, the sandwich trended as the #2 most popular item!
- Together, we raised $10K for The People Concern, which will provide over 10,000 meals to the homeless community served by The People Concern in Santa Monica and DTLA. This doesn’t even include the Mendo soups we’re serving weekly at SAMOSHEL!
- Food & Wine, Eater LA, LA Weekly, and the LA Times helped us spread the word!
Thank you for helping to make this collaboration such a success. You can keep the good vibes going by volunteering at The People Concern! Maybe we’ll see you there!