At Mendocino Farms, we see ourselves as more than a restaurant; our mission is to be a neighborhood gathering place that helps build community. That’s why we’re especially thrilled to be partnering with five local elementary schools in Del Mar to have their students paint mini “Mendo the Cow” statues for display in our restaurant. Students at Solana Ranch, Sycamore Ridge, Sage Canyon, Solana Highlands, and Carmel Del Mar Elementary Schools are competing to win a $1000 cash prize for their art program, and the community (that means YOU!) will cheer them on and vote to help choose the winning cow!
To vote online, find the five Del Mar cow photos on Mendocino Farms’ Instagram page and click the heart to “like” and cast a vote for one or more of your favorites! To vote in the restaurant, visit Mendocino Farms at the Del Mar Highlands Town Center to check out the cows in person and receive a voting token with your purchase. In the Kids Corner, drop your token into the ballot box of your favorite cow’s school to cast your vote! There is no limit to the number of times you can vote in the restaurant. All voting ends at 9pm on Friday, June 1st! Full contest details below.
Art Contest Official Rules
In-store voting begins on May 19th at 11:30AM and ends on June 1st at 9:00PM.
- Mendocino Farms employees are not permitted to vote in-store.
- To vote in-store, guests will be offered one token per purchase receipt and cast their vote by dropping the token into the locked ballot box corresponding with their favorite cow statue on display in the restaurant.
- Limit one token per Mendocino Farms purchase receipt.
- Limit one vote per store visit.
- No limit on the number of times guests can come into the restaurant and receive a token during the voting period.
Instagram voting begins on May 19th at 11:30AM and ends on June 1st at 9:00PM.
- Mendocino Farms employees are not permitted to vote on Instagram.
- To vote on Instagram, users may look for the series of 5 Del Mar elementary school painted cow image posts and cast their vote by liking one or more of the posts (one vote per user per post).
- Only Instagram likes on Mendocino Farms’ own page (@mendocinofarms) will be counted; likes garnered on personal Instagram pages or shares will not be counted.
- No purchase required to vote on Instagram.
- In the event that there are technical difficulties with Instagram voting, we will only count in-store votes to determine the winner; all participants will be notified should there be an issue.
Winners & Awarding of Grand Prize:
- The Grand Prize winner will be determined by the most in store votes combined with most Instagram likes on their cow.
- All prize money will be awarded to the winning school, individual students are not eligible.
- Winners will be announced to the public on social media.