At Mendocino Farms, we see ourselves as more than a restaurant; our mission is to be a neighborhood gathering place and a resource for our community. That’s why we’re especially thrilled to be partnering with five local elementary schools in our new neighborhood of La Jolla to have their students paint mini “Mendo the Cow” statues for display in our restaurant.
Painting Mendo the Cow
Students at Doyle, Spreckels, Torrey Pines, Bird Rock, and La Jolla Elementary Schools will be competing to win a $1000 cash prize for their art program, and the community (that means YOU!) will be voting to choose the winning cow!
Please RSVP NOW to join us for Family Fun Day on Saturday, February 4th from 12-3, when the students will be presenting their painted cows and voting will begin! Please read on below for full details on how to vote! The day will be filled with fun events and activities including face painting, arts & crafts, games & prizes, free samples, and an interactive kids band playing at 1:15pm! Your kids won’t want to miss it, so make sure you RSVP HERE to reserve your spot!
“PAINT ME MENDO” Elementary School Art Contest Official Rules
- In-store voting begins on February 4th 12:00 pm and ends on February 17th at 9:00 pm.
- Mendocino Farms employees are not permitted to vote in-store.
- To vote in-store, guests will be offered one token per purchase receipt and cast their vote by dropping the token into the locked ballot box corresponding with their favorite cow statue on display in the restaurant.
- Limit one token per Mendocino Farms purchase receipt.
- Limit one vote per store visit.
- No limit on the number of times guests can come into the restaurant and receive a token during the voting period.
- Instagram voting begins on February 4th at 12:00 pm and ends on February 17th at 9:00 pm.
- Mendocino Farms employees are not permitted to vote on Instagram.
- To vote on Instagram, users may look for the series of 5 painted cow image posts and cast their vote by liking one or more of the posts (one vote per user per post).
- Only Instagram likes on Mendocino Farms’ own page (@mendocinofarms) will be counted; likes garnered on personal Instagram pages or shares will not be counted.
- No purchase required to vote on Instagram.
- In the event that there are technical difficulties with Instagram voting, we will only count in-store votes to determine the winner; all participants will be notified should there be an issue.
Winners & Awarding of Grand Prize
- The Grand Prize winner will be determined by the most in store votes combined with most Instagram likes on their cow.
- All prize money will be awarded to the winning school, individual students are not eligible.
- Winners will be announced to the public on social media.
- The contest is open to the following La Jolla Schools: La Jolla Elementary, Doyle Elementary, Spreckels Elementary, Torrey Pines Elementary and Bird Rock Elementary; one submission per school only. We’re sorry but this contest is not open to any other schools at this time.
- Mendocino Farms reserves the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any individual we find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- In the event of disqualification, the school with the next highest amount of likes will be awarded the grand prize
- Any attempt by any person to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Mendocino Farms reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents from and against any legal claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to (a) any technical errors associated with the contest, including lost interrupted or unavailable internet service provider, network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors, (d) any other errors or problems in connection with the contest, including, without limitations, errors that may occur in the administration of the contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, or in any contest-related materials; or (c) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be cause, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the released parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
Consumer Created Content.
- If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry:
- you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you
- you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.